“Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.”
Sam Spady StoryThe SAM Spady Foundation honors the memory of Samantha Spady, a 19-year old student at Colorado State University, who died of alcohol poisoning on September 5, 2004. Sam Spady had a wonderful life. She had loving parents and adoring friends. She was a homecoming queen and class president. She had looks, brains, youth and promise. She had everything to live for. But all that came to a sudden and horrific end in the summer of 2004 when Sam shared too many shots of vanilla flavored vodka, passed out and died alone inside a cluttered fraternity house. Learn More»
Know the Signs
KNOW THE SIGNS OF OVER DRINKING AND ALCOHOL POISONING.
- Call 911 if a person has any of the following symptoms:
- Unconscious or semiconscious
- Breathing less than 10 times per minute or irregular (check every 2 minutes)
- Cold, clammy, pale or bluish skin
- Can't be awakened by pinching, prodding or shouting
- Vomiting without waking up
NEVER leave an intoxicated person alone! STAY SOBER to take care of your friends. Legal Drinking Age is 21
Educational ProductsWe offer wallet cards listing the signs of alcohol poisoning, table tents and posters to help your organization promote safety whenever alcohol is included in an activity. View Products»
The Sam Spady Story on DVD
Binge drinking kills nearly 2,000 college students each year. The epidemic is growing at high schools, colleges and universities across the nation. We hope kids, parents, families and friends will watch Sam’s story, learn her lesson and know when to say no.
See the Sam Spady story, and learn how easy it is for a tragedy like this to happen. Learn how to protect yourself and your friends from this happening to you.